P.O.Box 54815 Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Certificate in art club in high school from 1997 to 2000.
- Graduated from Addis Ababa University of fine arts & design 2002 – 2004.
- Diploma from Entoto technical and vocational training college fine arts specialize by painting 2007 – 2009.
- A bachelor of degree from Ethiopian Orthodox Thewahedo Holy Trinity Theological University College 2019.
Selected Group Exhibition
- 2003 In Pushkin /Russian Cultural Center/
- 2004 In Habesha Art Gallery
- 2005 In Habesha Art Gallery
- 2007 In Aliance Ethio-Francaise
- 2007 In Addis Ababa University Of Fine Arts & Design
- 2008 In Timeret Le-Hiwot Ethiopia Association Art Gallery
- 2008 In ECA And UNISCO Intitule “Addis Ababa Art Exhibition For Ethiopian Millennium”
- 2009 In Entoto Technical And Vocational Training College Fine Arts Art Gallery
- 2010 In The Second Branch Of Habesha Art Gallery In Haile G/Selasse Hotel In Hawasa
- 2010 Cartoon Art Exhibition in Timeret Le-Hiwot Ethiopia Association Art Gallery
- 2011 Cartoon Art Exhibition in Nikat Art Gallery
- 2011 In Ethiopia National Theater Art Gallery
- 2011 In Sheraton Addis Intitule “Art of Ethiopia 2011”
- 2012 In Ethiopia National Museum Art Gallery Intitule “Yetibeb Ashara”
- 2012 In Hamburg, Germany Intitule “Free Art Felega II”
- 2012 Cartoon Art Exhibition in Nikat Art Gallery
- 2012 In Hilton Hotel Organized By (ENAID), (ILO), (FENAPD)
- 2012 In Sheraton Addis Intitule “Art of Ethiopia 2012”
- 2013 In Sheraton Addis Intitule “Art of Ethiopia 2013”
- 2013 Cartoon Art Exhibition in Timret Le Hiwot Ethiopia Association Art Gallery
- 2014 In Ethiopia National Museum Art Gallery Intitule “Fain Arts Section”
- 2014 In Ethiopia National Museum Art Gallery Intitule “Renaissance Dam”
- 2014 In Radisson Blue Hotel Intitule “Hiber 1”
- 2014 In Monarch Hotel Intitule “Hiber 2”
- 2016 In Laphto Art Gallery Intitule” Hexagon”
- 2018 In Ethiopian Millennium Hell Prepared by Ethiopian Fine Arts Association.
- 2019 In GIZ It Is A Cartoon Art Entitled” Migration” Organized by Timret Le Hiwot Ethiopia With ATRONUS Art Studio.
- 2019 In Kenya (Nairobi) At Gravit Art Gallery.
- 2019 In Sheraton Addis Hotel Intitule “Art of Ethiopia 2019”
- 2019 In St.Gorge Art Gallery Intitule “Contemporary Art Exhibition”
- 2020 I Participated in Art: An Essential Need (Arten) Is A Crowd Funded Art Initiative Created by The Online Platform Art and About Africa, Which Is Dedicated to Supporting Artists Living and Working Throughout the African Continent. The Aim of This Crowd Funding Campaign Is to Rapidly Provide Emergency Grants to Artists Living in Africa.
Selected One-Men Exhibitions
- 2006 Intitule “Culture and Environment” In Habesha Art Gallery
- 2008 Intitule “Green Beauty” In Temret Le-Heiwot Ethiopia Art Gallery
- 2011 Intitule “Sabawi” In Ethiopia National Theatre Art Gallery
Selected Events and Workshops
- 2008 The Workshop in Titled “Free Art Felega II” Organized by Germen Cultural Center /Goethe-Institute/
- 2009 The First Workshop Intitule “Kilos Street Art” Organized by Temret Le-Heiot Association with Atronus Art Studio to Give Some Hints About HIV Aids to The People.
- 2010 The Second Workshop Intitule “Kilos Street Art” Organized by Atronus Art Studio with Rotary Clubs Which Has the Same Aim with The First Work Shop.
- 2010 The Workshop in Titled ABRO ETHIOPIA ARTISTS CAPACITY BULDING WORKSHOP. Coordinated by Abro Ethiopia And Asni Art Village Team at Goethe-Institute Addis Ababa.
- 2012 The Workshop in Titled “ICASA” In Millennium Hall.
- 2019 I Teaches an Art Students in ENTOTO TVET College Fine Arts (Painting) Departments.
- 2020 The Workshop Entitled “FREE ART FELEGA” Disrupt Master Project with The Support of The City of Berlin Through the Senate Department for Culture. And Work Display with Virtual Exhibition for World Wide from Germany.
The luxury collection Sheraton Addis Hotel
From The fourth Art of Ethiopia Exhibition
Medium-acrylic on canvas
Foreign affairs ministry of Kenya
Ethiopia: Selamta Ethiopia
Exhibited at Rome
Materials Acrylic on canvas
Tittle Ethiopian color
Leykun Girma Abate
Ethiopian Color2014, Ethiopia
Imago Mundi: The Art of Humanity - Rome
She collected a lot of my work
The in-flight Magazine of Ethiopian Airlines
Volume 28, Number 3
July – September 2011
Volume 8 No.375 Sunday February 19,2006
Art and culture written by SELOME KIFLE
Tattled-exhibition focuses on culture and environment
Volume X.No.494 Saturday February 25,2006
Life and Art written by BETHLEHEM KIROS
’STOP’ Scream the paintings
Page-24 & 28
Volume 12 No.591 Aug. 28, 2011
World of art blooms! Written by HADRA MOHAMED
The fourth Art of Ethiopia Exhibition
Who is painter Leykun Girma?
African academy press in Los Angeles
International Journal of Ethiopian Studies
Vol. XII, No.2, Special issue 2018
“the rest woman” 2017 by Leykun Girma
Size:65cmX65cm, painting type (acrylic on canvas)
ONLINE MAGAZINE ISSUE
#10 AUGUST 2020
Published on Sep 1, 2020